Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Treats! Oh, How We Love Treats! {12 Days of Christmas}


Today is Day #8 of #12DaysOfBlogging with Amber and Erin
 
*******************
Today we are talking about my favorite thing to do in the whole wide world!  That's right folks...we are talking about
B-A-K-I-N-G!!
 
Baking has always been a thing while I was growing up.  My mom is not per say an amazing baker but she holds her own with a mixer and an oven.  I remember growing up we were always creating something - my mom's famous chocolate chip cookies or her fudge. 
 
I don't exactly remember when I decided that I loved to bake but I do remember that I have always enjoyed it.  I would be completely happy making a new dessert every single day if my wallet and my husband's health wouldn't decrease.  LOL.
 
I am so happy that I married a man who loves his treats.  I do not eat many ::if any:: desserts with the exception to ICE CREAM, so I love that he will try out anything that I want to make.  I also love that my father-in-law is just like his son and loves my baked goods as well. 
 
Funny little side note:  My husband now works at the same location as his dad and they eat lunch together every day ::super cute:: and now everyone at work is always asking for him to bring in more goodies because they like them so well.  It makes me happy that people love my baked goodness as much as I love making it.
 
Without further ado, I bring you a wonderful and scrumptious
 
Apple Pie with a Caramel Crumble
 
Ingredients:
1 9-inch pie pan - I used glass
1 pie crust - I used Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
1 cookie sheet (for placing the pie on while baking)
 
Filling:
5 medium apples ::whichever you fancy:: peeled, cored and cubed
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
 
Crumble:
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar ::really as much as you'd like but at least 1 cup::
 
Topping:
1 jar caramel topping sauce
1/4 cup butter
 
Directions:
 
{ONE}
Heat oven to 425 degrees.  Place pie crust in an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate.  Press firmly against sides and bottom.
 
{TWO}
Gently mix filling ingredients in large bowl.
 
{THREE}
Spoon into pie plate and cover all areas
 
{FOUR}
Mix oats and brown sugar in a smaller bowl.  Completely cover the filling with the crumble topping
 
{FIVE}
Take the caramel topping sauce and cover the top as much as you like.
 
{SIX}
Take the 1/4 cup of butter and cube it up and plop (so technical I know) it all over the top.
 
{SEVEN}
Place pie on cookie sheet and place in oven.  Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apple are tender and crust is golden.
 
{EIGHT}
Let cool for at least two hours before serving.  If making ahead of time, cover with saran wrap and keep refrigerated and place in oven for warming when ready to enjoy.
 
 
Before Baking

After Baking
 
I hope you enjoy this tasty treat as much as my family did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment