Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January, Date My Husband [+ G I V E A W A Y]

One of my goals for 2015 is to date my husband more.  This may seem silly but since we have gotten married, gone through deployment, got a dog, got pregnant, bought a house and had a baby, our dates have slowly taken a back burner.  I'm sure this is a normal transition of things, but I'm not ready for it.

Ryan and I never really "dated" before we became a couple.  He was deployed and once he got home we were an item and things went on as if we had been together for years.  I have made it a goal every year for us to go out and do fun things more often together and sadly, they usually don't end up happening.

Well, this year, I am determined, especially since having our little, that we will go out on dates, for my sanity and the health of our marriage.

This past Sunday was our first date.  We have a new movie theater in town and it is amazing.  Talk about a genius idea, this place is it!  Dinner, drinks and a movie all at the same time.  Studio Movie Grill in Rocklin is on it.  You buy your tickets for assigned seats, order your meal and beverages from your seat and enjoy them during the movie.


I bought us tickets to see American Sniper and arranged for us to leave our little with his Mima for the night.  Yes, you read that correctly, we left Caleb for the first time overnight on Sunday also.  When I plan a date night, I am going all out. :)

Our movie started at 3:55 and they recommend that you get there 30 minutes before it starts so that you can get seated and order before the previews start.  We did and although they didn't let us into the theater until 15 minutes before the movie started, we still had plenty of time.  They had a 2 for $25 deal that we were all over that included an appetizer and 2 entrees.  Ryan had the BBQ Bacon Burger, I had the Blackened Chicken Salad and we started with the half order of cheese fries.  The food was okay.  Not the greatest we have ever eaten, but there are plenty more items on the menu that we can try next time.

Probably the biggest selling point for Ryan and I is the fact that you can have an adult beverage while you watch your movie.  Before we had our little, when we would go to the movies, we would make sure to eat dinner at the restaurant closest so that we could get a little buzz going before we walked into our movie.  At SMG you don't even have to plan that much.  You can order an drink you want and they bring it right to you.  Why did my husband and I not open this place?!?

Overall, our date night was amazing.  As much as we missed our little boy, he was safe and happy with his Mima which meant that we could enjoy our time together.

We didn't have too much fun without you baby boy though, we still went to bed at 8:30!  yes, we are old, we know.


****************************

If you are ready to spend some cash (like me), and you enjoy the following:
  • money
  • finding new blogs friends
  • looking at pretty faces
  • entering giveaways
  • clicking links
  • etc. etc. etc.
...you know the drill. visit my friends below. fall in love. get entered to win.

hannah | shane
karli | mar
lauren | rebekah
lindsay | amy | sara | karisssa
if you would like to get in on february's group giveaway action, click HERE to see your options!

 photo laahSARASINGNATURE_zps160bd270.png

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you get to eat a real meal and drink an adult beverage during the movie!!!! I've been dying to see American Sniper!! Look at you planning a whole date night. So proud of ya ;) it's so true. Even when you get married, you've still got to be sure and DATE each other! I love it!

    ReplyDelete