Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Pinterest Recipe Challenge 2015 - Week 1

Happy Monday everyone!

I am here for the first installment of my Pinterest Recipe Challenge 2015!

Do you remember when I said that one of my New Year's Goals was to try one new recipe a week?  Well I have accomplished the first week and am super proud of myself.

So here is the link to the original recipe that I printed out.


Week 1:  Homemade Granola
I changed up the recipe a little bit to accommodate our tastes and what we had in our pantry.  I left out the sunflower nuts because Ryan won't eat those and substituted flaxseed meal for the wheat germ because that is what I had on hand.

This recipe was super easy but super messy, well for me anyways.  It turned out as granola clusters which is fantastic, but next time I will want to make bars - easier breakfast-on-the-go option for us.  Also, be warned, that it makes about 8 cups of loose granola!  Amazing amount for the little cost, but be hungry because since it isn't processed it will go bad a lot faster.

If you are looking for a super easy granola recipe, this is it! :)


  photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

No comments:

Post a Comment