Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

36 Week Bumpdate


  • How far along are you? 36 Weeks and 1 Day
  • How I'm feeling: I am getting ready to pop this kid out.  I am getting so excited to meet him.  With only 4 weeks left it is feeling like Christmas or my birthday sort of :)
  • Total weight gain:  Went to the doctors on Tuesday and we weighed in at 27 over starting weight.  I am super proud of myself for only gaining 4 pounds in the last 4 weeks.  We are on the right track and I am super pleased with that.
  • How big is baby? He is the size of a coconut this week :)  I must say that I find all of these food analogies very confusing...how was he the size of a pineapple a couple of weeks ago and now the size of a coconut?  Doesn't that seem backwards? 
  • This week baby: is around 18-19 inches, so they say, and weighs around 6 pounds.  He could come at any point now and survive in this crazy world.  Although I would like him to stay inside for at least 1 more week. :)
  • Maternity clothes: Yes
  • Sleep:  Sleep has hit the challenging point.  I tend to be the most comfy after the hubs gets out of bed in the morning because I can sprawl out but that is only getting me about 20 minutes these days.  I can't wait to relax from now until he is born.
  • Best moment this week: Today is my last day of work!!!!!!  :)  I am starting maternity leave tomorrow and I couldn't be more ready or excited for it.
  • Movement: He still moves like crazy.  He is head down, so that is really exciting, but his legs sure are a kicking my ribs more and more these days.
  • Food cravings: Nope. 
  • Food aversions: Nope.  
  • Belly button in or out:  STILL IN!!!!!!!! I think I will make it the entire pregnancy! :)
  • What I am thankful for: I am thankful that I get to go out on Maternity Leave 4 weeks before he is due.  I am thankful that I will have time to finish his nursery and get things organized around our house a little more before he makes his grand entrance.  I am thankful that I don't have to do this alone and that my son will be loved by so many wonderful people.
  • What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to nesting :)  I have so many plans for the next few weeks and hopefully pushing this kid out will delay some of those :)

  •  photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

    1 comment:

    1. so exciting!! i hear you on the sleep mama...it's amazing if i get a solid 4 hours in a row haha. SO JEALOUS of you for being done with work. cannot wait to be done.

      ReplyDelete