Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Life As Of Lately...

So I thought that it might be time for a little life update.

Obviously we are still preparing for our little boy to join this world and still working on making our new house a home.

We have had some hard weeks recently.  Most importantly is having to put our little girl down.

Abbie Lou Hughes has gone to heaven and although we are sad and heartbroken, we know that it is for the best.  You see, in April she started being a diva about her eating.  We tried changing the food, changing the routine, changing her environment.  Nothing worked and eventually it just got too bad.  She ended up all skin and bones and we knew that although she seemed happy and loving on the outside, that she was in pain on the inside.  I will never forget that little girl and how she became part of my family when I married Ryan.


Another thing that has recently happened, which is a happier note, is that my mom retired from the federal government last week.  My mom started working for the federal government when she was 18 years old in 1977.  It was her first "big kid" job and it was her last "big kid" job.  I couldn't be more proud of her and more envious.  I only hope that I can one day have such an effect on people as my mom does.

Lastly, I am officially on Mat-Leave!!!!  I couldn't be more excited because that means that we are that much closer to meeting our little boy!  :)  I can wait at least one more week, to enjoy this little bit of leave, but after that, I am ready for him to come.  I can't wait to see who he looks like or how he acts.  I have big plans for my Mat-Leave - in the home area - and hopefully I can't get most of that done too.


 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

No comments:

Post a Comment