Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Changing Table and Matching Shelves

So we did the Nursery Reveal yesterday.  Did you miss it?  Don't worry, you can catch it here.

So besides the bedding, my favorite part of his nursery is his changing table and matching shelves.

My in-laws got us the changing table from a garage sale for $20 and the shelves have been in my room since I was about 5 years old.

I loved having thrifted items, but they just didn't fit the look we were going for.

Let me show you what they looked like when we got them :)


These shelves have been spray painted different colors for the past 20 years.  I would say at least 10 different colors.

This is where 4 cans of spray paint came in and some sand paper :)

We went to our local hardware store and bought 600 grade sandpaper and 4 cans of Rust-oleum Colonial Red Satin Spray Paint.

My husband and father-in-law sanded the changing table down and sprayed it red.  The shelves didn't need sanding so I was going to do those, but the hubs said he would.




The finished products were perfect and matched his bedding perfectly.  I couldn't be happier with how they turned out!



Changing Table - $20
Shelves - Free
Sand Paper - $6.00
Spray Paint - $20
Total Cost: $46.00

Re purposing furniture to match what you have is way easier than buying brand new things that already match.

Do you love DIY???
 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

No comments:

Post a Comment