Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mexican Steak and Potatoes

So today I am bringing you one of my favorite meals from my childhood.  This is my mom's recipe for Steak and Potatoes.

Now I know that it might seem silly to have a recipe for steak and potatoes, but the way we make it is so much different.

I'm not sure there is an official name for it, we have always just called it Steak and Potatoes.  When I describe it to others before I make it I just tell them it is a Mexican version of it.

So without further ado I bring you Mexican Steak and Potatoes per my mom's recipe.



INGREDIENTS:
Top Round Steak
4 - 5 Russet Potatoes
1T Garlic Powder
1T Onion Powder
1T Cilantro
1T Cumin
1tsp Salt
15 ounces tomato sauce
8 ounces water

DIRECTIONS:
Peel and cube potatoes
Cube Steak
Saute in an oiled pan with all spices
Once meat is browned, pour in tomato sauce and water
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender

I make rice and beans on the side and we eat them out of tortillas.  Top with cheese, sour cream and favorite hot sauce and you are good to go.

Super simple and so delicious!

Let me know if you try it out and love it just as much as our family does. :)
 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

No comments:

Post a Comment