Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

5 Things I Would Do Differently Next Pregnancy

So I know it might sound weird that I already have a list of what I would do differently next time - if we get so lucky to have another, but I'm afraid that if I don't write them down, then I will forget and be right back in the same spot as I am now. :)


  1. Buy a sleeping pillow
    - So from the beginning my mom talked about buying me a sleeping pillow for the pregnancy.  I continuously told her no and that I was fine.  And honestly, I was, until 34 weeks.  I could now really go for one, but don't want to buy one with just a few weeks left.  So next time, this is a must!
  2. Walk the entire pregnancy
    - I talked about this constantly on here and tried to make it part of my monthly goals and everything, but it just didn't seem to happen.  I have been walking everyday since I have been on Maternity Leave though and I love it.  I can't wait until little man is here so that we can go on longer walks and get me back down to my pre-baby weight.  But with that, the next pregnancy, if we get so blessed, will be full of walks and exercise!

  3. Watch my sugar intake- Now I did really well with my diet and nutrition while pregnant I believe.  Of course, there is always room for more fruits and veggies, but for the most part I ate well-balanced meals and gave my baby the nutrients he needed to grow big and strong.  The one area I did give in to, that looking back I wish I hadn't, was soda.  I know that they say not to have soda during your pregnancy and for the first 21 weeks I didn't have a drop.  But once I found out it wasn't due to the amount of caffeine in a soda, but the sugar, I started drinking them.  Now I wouldn't have more than one a day or anything crazy like that, but it did get to the point, while I was still working, that I was drinking at least 5 sodas a week.  If we have another baby I will make it a point to cut that out and maybe just treat myself every once and a while to soda and stick to water for the majority of my fluids.
  4. Buy a maxi skirt
    - Seem silly?  Well I think I am the only pregnant gal who made it her entire pregnancy with a maxi skirt.  I don't know how or why, but it never happened.  I think it would have made outfits a lot easier to decide on and give a little more variety so in the future, this will be purchased.
  5. Take more classes
    - The hubs and I took the Early Pregnancy Class as recommended by our doctor.  We also took the Late Pregnancy Class as recommended.  We DID NOT take any other classes however, and looking back now, we probably should have.  Now I don't know if I will feel the need to take them if we have another baby, but I definitely feel as though we should have with Baby #1.  I don't feel prepared to know about contractions or breastfeeding.  I know that our hospital has great resources that will help us with everything, but I now wish we would have taken more of the classes offered to us.

Is there anything you would do differently with your pregnancy???


 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh how did you not have a pregnancy pillow?!?! I would have bought you one if I knew you said no to one lol we took no pregnancy classes at all and I don't think anything would have been different if we did. Breastfeeding isn't easy and takes time to get the hang of it all unless you have an abundance of milk, in my case I did not.

    ReplyDelete