Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - You Have Been Great To Us

I'm alive!  Can you believe it?!?  I survived our first Christmas with an infant and as a family of four(we include Hanky in that count)

As I sit here and review our year I am amazed at how spectacular it was.  I am also in awe of the fact that for the past 3 years now, I didn't think it could get any better - and yet - it has!

I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for our family and hope that you all continue to follow along on this journey that we call life.

2014 - Year in Review

January
We celebrated me turning 1/4 of a century.  25 - holy cow!  I also knew that we were pregnant and kept it a secret from everyone until we were 8 weeks and then we told our families.
There were actually 6 of us in this picture - Caleb and Emma are in the mamas bellies :)

February
We went to Colorado to visit my brother, sister-in-law and our nephew.  We also announced the most exciting news that our family would be growing by two feet in the Fall!



March
We thought we found the house of our dreams and we were devastated when we found out that we didn't get it.  We continued to watch my little bump grow and look more like a baby, rather than just me eating too many cheeseburgers.



April
We found out that #babyhughes2014 is a boy!  We were thrilled and had a gender reveal party - that kind of busted.  We continued our house hunt and finally found "the one".






May
We bought a house!  It was an amazing experience, although tough, and we are so happy to be home owners

June
I had an amazing baby shower - that I know I never blogged about.  Is it too late now? LOL.  We kept settling into our house and enjoyed our time with just the two of us.  We also took our maternity pictures with the amazing LG!





July
We celebrated two amazing years of marriage.





August
I went out on maternity leave and waited for the arrival of our little.  Little did I know he wouldn't come for another 5 weeks, but I sure loved hanging out with my mama and getting everything ready for Caleb.

September
Caleb Tyler Hughes was born and we are over the moon.  He was healthy and happy and is such a joy to our lives.  We also went on a road trip to Colorado and spent 8 days with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew so that they could meet Caleb.  He went on his first road trip and plane ride all in one week.  We got his newborn photos done by Lisa Anne Photography and we fell more in love with our little boy.




October
We took Caleb to his first pumpkin patch and celebrated Halloween.  We also got our family pictures taken, by the amazing LG, and - of course - I haven't posted those yet.  Here is a sneak peak and I swear they will get posted next week as a fresh start to the new year :)






November
We celebrated Thanksgiving with family and kept loving on our little boy!  He turned two months old and we can't believe how fast he is growing.



December
We celebrated Hubs' birthday - and this year we didn't have a present disaster like last year.  We celebrated our first Christmas as a Mommy and Daddy.  We all got spoiled and love all of our presents :)


2015, I can't wait to see how things change and grow :)

 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

No comments:

Post a Comment