Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

19 Week Bumpdate!



  • How far along are you? 19 Weeks and 1 Day 
  • How I'm feeling: Fantastic.  As I mentioned earlier on the blog, I am loving being pregnant.  It is amazing!

  • Total weight gain:  3 weeks ago at my appointment I had only gained 3 pounds.  I would assume I am between 5-10 pounds now.  This little babe is a growing and so am I.  I am super proud of myself for this though.  I know that gaining weight is part of the process but I want to only gain necessary weight and not let it get out of hand.  I have to remember that whatever I put on is what I need to lose (plus a little more for the goal weight I would like to reach)
  • How big is baby? Baby Hughes is the size of a mango!  He or she is 5.5 - 6 inches this week!  Most likely Baby Hughes weighs about 7 ounces.

  • This week baby: Baby is getting the permanent teeth buds this week behind their milk teeth buds.  If a girl, she is developing egg cells in her ovaries.  If a boy, his prostate will begin to develop.  Baby is growing fat to help keep him or her warm, although it is about to be Spring, so they should be getting plenty warm with the upcoming Vitamin D :)  Baby will possibly start sleeping this week as well.  If baby sleeps, he or she might start to dream. (How stinking cute is that??)
  • Maternity clothes: Maternity bottoms are still a must.  I have 1 pair of regular jeans that still button and one pair that I can get on and keep closed using the rubberband trick.  Other than that, at work it is all maternity bottoms and I think so it will be mostly tops as well.  The bump is growing and apparently I don't own very stretchy tops. :)
  • Sleep: Sleep is still my best friend!

  • Best moment this week: Still loving The Honest Company's Organic Belly Balm and using it at least 4 nights a week.  Other than that I am just loving being pregnant.  I love when Ryan talks to the baby.  I find it so sweet and loving.  Makes me smile :)
  • Movement: I don't think so. :(  I don't know!  I know that I missed the flutters for sure.  I am almost half way done with this pregnancy and have decided that I have a lazy baby :)  Which is fine by me because I don't want to be in pain from kicks or punches, BUT come on baby!  Give me some sort of sign that you are in there and love me! 
  • Food cravings: Mexican!  My dad would be so excited!  I could eat Mexican food three meals a day and seven days a week.  I just love it!  Also, I am always wanting a sandwich but I think that is mostly just because I can't have them as easily now.
  • Food aversions: Nope.  Just the smells still.
  • Belly button in or out:  Belly button is still in but it is getting very close to the outside of my belly.  I thoroughly cleaned it this week for the first time in my life (other than in the shower) I think.  Luckily, it was nice and clean with just one little piece of fuzz from my shirt.
  • What I am thankful for: I am so thankful for my husband and mommy.  Without those two I would not have made it this far without having multiple breakdowns and freak outs.  
  • What I'm looking forward to: We are both looking forward to finding out what Baby Hughes is.  We find out on April 14th and couldn't be more thrilled.  We are also having a Gender Reveal Party on the 19th which I am excited for.  I love surprises and I think the way we plan on announcing it will be super cute! :)
  •  photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

    2 comments:

    1. I am so with you. I am always wanting a sandwich or a club - but mostly because its a pain in the butt to make / order one now - so I never do.

      So glad you're loving pregnancy - it makes me hopeful that this feeling will last for me too. All my other pregnant friends (all four of them) are super complainers and I start to get concerned. "Is there even a baby in there, because this pregnancy thing is awesome for me..."

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hooray for April 14th!!! So exciting girl!!!!

      ReplyDelete