Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Dearest Little - Five Month Letter


Caleb Tyler, how on earth are you five months old already?

It really seems like just yesterday you were born and we were spending all of our time together.  You relied on me for everything and although exhausting at times, there was nothing better.

At just five months now, you are becoming more independent and growing more and more each day.  You amaze me with how loving you are and yet how stubborn you can be at the same time.  I see so much of both me and your Daddy in your personality it is crazy.

In the last month we have been busy and made some major milestones.  We started with your first night away from Mommy and Daddy.  We had a very much needed date night and my first night without you since you were born.  I must admit that it was so nice to sleep all night not worrying about missing your cries, but at the same time, it was weird - you weren't there, like you always are.

We also made a huge step in food growth and starting introducing real food to you.  We bought oatmeal and rice cereal and you only like the rice cereal.  I also made you squash, sweet potato, carrots and peas and we are slowly making our way through the veggies.  You love carrots the most so far and I'm sure once you get to fruit, you will never want a veggie again.  LOL



We are constantly working on Tummy Time with you.  You are only a fan when you want to be, but more times than not, you aren't having it.


We survived our first weekend away from Daddy, or rather I should said with Daddy away from us.  He went on an amazing hunting trip in Colorado for 4 days and we were left to fend for ourselves.  I'm glad to say we survived with the help of our loving friends and family!  And big brother to protect, of course!



You are a champ and are sleeping at least 10 hours a night and Mommy and Daddy are soooooo grateful for that!  You make our hearts pitter patter just that much more for this little extra bonus.



You got to meet more family this month.  Your 3rd cousin Missy from New York flew into California and you got to spend some time with her.  She loved on you and you loved right back.  Her visit was too short, but we loved it all the same.




You got to have many play dates this past month.  Daddy has taken you to see your buddy Justin, who is just one week older and makes you look like a linebacker.  You also got to spend more time with the Parsons' girls whom you just love to pieces.  Emma gets a little envious of toys but luckily you are a gentleman and don't mind her stealing them from you, for now! :)


We went and watched the SuperBowl and you were such a good boy.  You refused a nap, of course - per usual, but overall we had fun playing with all our friends.

Caleb, you are amazing and bring me so much joy.  There is no other job I would ever want more in this world than to be your Mommy.  I thought my life was great before, but once I had you, you blew it out of the water!  I love you so much and I hope that you continue to remember that and feel it.  Your Daddy and I will always be here for you and we can't wait to watch you grow up into such a great man.

I love you snuggle muffin!
Mommy

******************************

Now for some stats:
Weight:  17.4 poundsHeight: 26 inchesClothes: 3-6 (mostly 6 still)

 photo laahSARASINGNATURE_zps160bd270.png


















No comments:

Post a Comment