Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent 2015

My whole life we have participated in Lent.  The yearly sacrifice of giving something up for 40 days and 40 nights.  It starts 40 days before Easter, on Ash Wednesday, and this year it starts today and goes until Sunday, April 2nd.

I remember as a kid I despised it.  I hated having to give something up.  I hated going to church most Sundays in fact.  Despite my annoyance to it, I have always done it.  Even now as an adult, even though we don't go to church like we probably should, I still partake.

I make an effort every year to challenge myself with something that I haven't done before.  I have given up so many things for Lent over the years; ice cream, red meat, candy.

This year I am challenging myself even more.  I am vowing to give something up and do something for those 40 days and 40 nights.  Lent 2015 will be the year that I give up soda and vow to work out at least 4 days a week.

Giving up soda is a big thing for me.  I love soda.  If I don't see it, it really isn't that big of a deal to me, but if I do, man oh man, it's all I want.  I went half of my pregnancy without soda and then towards the end I gave in and went for it.  I know I can do it, but it will be a tough one, especially when I am at work.

Vowing to work out 4 days a week is something that I should do anyways, without the encouragement of Lent, but it just isn't happening.  I know that I can do it for the 40 days and am hoping that once I am in the habit of doing it, that it will stick around once Lent is over.

I hope that if you participate in Lent that you succeed this year and try to do something you haven't done before.
 photo laahSARASINGNATURE_zps160bd270.png

1 comment:

  1. Good luck lady!! I know you can do it! :) One day down already!

    ReplyDelete