Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Books, Books, Books

Linking up with Karli and Amy today.

This week I wanted to share five books that I would love to have and read.  I have always liked reading but I don't like being told what to read.  When I do read, I read fast.  I get into the book and can't put it down.  I can honestly say that I haven't completed a book since 2012 and it makes me sad.

This year, I want to try and read at least 10 new books.  Not only start them, but finish them as well.  I have put together a little list of the 5 I would like to start with.

one

I make Caleb's purees myself and I would love to get a cookbook that shows me the seasonings and combinations that most infants like.  He is doing great with his eating and has gone through all of the common veggies.  We are wanting to try some more unusual veggies before we start fruit.  More of an update on that coming soon.

two


This is more for Caleb, obviously, but I would like him to start recognizing items and what they are more.  We read every day and more books can never hurt.  Especially fun ones like this :)


I have heard nothing but great things about this book.  I am a super picky eater and I want Caleb to be the complete opposite.  I want him to try everything with an open mind and make his own opinions on food.  I heard that this is really helpful when they start getting little opinions and I want to make sure I give him all the opportunities to be a "foodie" unlike his mama.

four

I want to read her story.  I can't imagine what it must have been like and I can't wait to read all about her experiences.  I know that it was dark and horrible what happened to her, but to be brave enough to write your story is awesome and it deserves to be read.

five

I love me some Amy Poehler and I can only imagine how many times I will laugh out loud while reading this.  I love non-fiction from time to time and this is something that I'm sure I can sink my reading eyeballs into. :)

 photo laahSARASINGNATURE_zps160bd270.png

2 comments:

  1. number four is currently in my gym bag waiting to be read, and number five i am on the wait list at the library to get. i'm looking forward to both, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend just finished the Amy book and said it was HYSTERICAL. I'm definitely interested in the Elizabeth Smart as well - I am ashamed to say I want some details about her kidnapping! She is one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete