Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

What's Inside Our Diaper Bag


Must Haves:

  • Diapers - I have a diaper holder that keeps them nice and organized inside the bag.  It held up to 8 newborn diapers, but now that we are in size 1 diapers we can only hold 5 at a time.  It is still wonderful for keeping them organized
  • Wipes - You can never have enough wipes
  • Blanket - The swaddle blanket used to be enough but now that it is Fall and my baby loves to be warm we have nothing but big fluffy blankets with us at all times.
  • Burp Cloth - My hungry hippo baby is a very messy eater.  On top of that he loves to spit a little extra up after almost every meal.
  • Extra Outfit - We have only had to change his outfit once while we were out, but it is always a good idea to have a backup for times like that.  I have ever heard of moms having an extra outfit for themselves.  I figure if it gets to that point, I have bigger things to worry about then my clothes.
  • Pacifiers - I am a pacifier hoarder - well hoarder in general.  I have at least 3 pacifiers in the diaper bag at all times.  You never know when you might lose one?
  • Bib - Like I mentioned above, my little babes is a messy eater and to preserve his outfits for as long as possible he must wear a bib while he takes a bottle.
  • Gripe Water - Heaven sent!!  This magical water helps the littles when their tummies are a little unhappy.  Caleb has only needed it a couple of times, but when he does it works literal magic!
  • Infant Tylenol - I haven't had to use it yet, but I don't want to be without it when I do.  With the winter coming up and possible teething in the not so distant future, I don't want little man to suffer at all if possible.
  • Pacifier Wipes - Those little buggers can fly!  Caleb will spit them out when he is done and they almost always land somewhere that isn't clean.
  • Bottle - For feedings out and about
  • Formula - For feedings out and about
  • Changing Pad - I don't trust the sanitation of the changing pads in public.  I have my own that we lay on top of the tables and he lays on.  Plus it is useful if I ever have to change him in the car or in someone's house.
  • Nursing Cover - I always nurse Caleb before he gets a bottle just so that he can have whatever milk I have possible for him.  I know breastfeeding is natural and beautiful but I am not confident enough to nurse in public without a cover.  Plus there are just certain things that I would like to keep to me and my babes.
  • Ring Sling - Savior!  Caleb loves to be held and since we don't have a removable car seat a ring sling is the perfect solution.  It folds up so nicely so it doesn't take up too much room and he loves being close to his mama.
  • Chapstick - Because sometimes you just need a little moisture on your lips!  I always have my EOS on hand.
  • Poop Bags - I'm sure there is a more technical term, but that is what I use them for.  They are scented so they don't smell up your entire diaper bag and they are convenient for smelly diapers or blown out clothing items.
  • Water - For me because I can drink water like my body is in the same drought as California and just in case I need to make an additional bottle.
  • Pads - Nursing pads that is.  Although I don't have very much milk production, when my baby screams it comes to the surface and soaking through my bras and shirts is not how I like to spend my time out of the house.
  • Wallet - I must confess that since having the babes I have not carried a purse once.  I just throw my wallet in the bag and go.  It is already tough enough carrying around an 11 pound baby and then two bags on top of that?  No thank you!

I restock our bag every morning before we leave the house.  Usually I just have to add a clean bottle, a clean burp cloth, and possibly some diapers and wipes.

What do you have to have in your diaper bag??


 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

No comments:

Post a Comment