Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July Goals - And A Recap From June

Another month has come and gone.  Here is a recap on my June goals and my new goals for July :)

JUNE GOALS 2014 RECAP:

  1. Get paperwork organized
    Totally did this!!! :)  My mom came over and helped me decide what we needed to keep, shred and recycle.  It is one step closer to being an organized home over here! :)
  2. Host Baby Shower with Baby C's Mima
    We totally did this!  It was awesome too if I do say so myself :)  I will have a post on this and everything we did to prepare and what we received.
  3. Get car inside garage
    This didn't happen yet :(  I am still hopeful that it will happen though.
  4. Work on the house
    This ongoing goal went fantastic this month.  We got a screen door for the back slider and planted a tree in the front yard.  A home update will be coming shortly as well as we have done quite a bit on our lists :)
  5. Go on more walks
    We failed at this again. :(  The summer heat here in California is definitely rearing it's head and making it hard for us to get out and walk.  My feet are swelling from the heat and walking on them wouldn't help at this point.
  6. Drink more water
    I have been doing great at this!  I have been drinking all of my water at work and even more once I get home.  I have been having quite a bit of sugary drinks too lately though and I need to cut those out once again.
  7. Save more money
    So for the first time in quite a few months we were actually able to put some money into our savings account!  I couldn't be more excited and can't wait to continue this.
  8. Go on at least 2 dates with the hubs
    Ugh...once again this didn't happen. :(  Why is life so busy?
  9. Plan anniversary weekend
    So we totally can't wait for our anniversary weekend!  It is only 2 weeks away!  I can't wait to relax and enjoy time with my hubs!
  10. Stop being a hoarder sentimental teenage girl and throw ya crap out
    This didn't happen as stated above by me not being able to park in the garage yet.

JULY GOALS 2014:

  1. Get car in garage
    I am super hopeful that this will actually happen this month.  I want to be in the garage before I start maternity leave - and that is in just 5 short weeks.
  2. Enjoy our anniversary weekend
    We are planning on getting massages and going to a wonderful dinner.  I can't believe it has almost been two years.  I can't wait.
  3. Put together Baby Hughes' nursery
    We have his dresser, changing table and crib already set up, but I want to get the finishing touches done.  We need to put his bedding on and paint the changing table.
  4. Pack hospital bag
    I know that this seems silly, but I want to be prepared.  I am really hopeful that he won't be overdue and might even grace us with his presence a few days early :)
  5. Wash all baby items
    We have so many clothes, blankets, bibs, washcloths, etc. to get all cleaned and ready for our little boy's arrival.
  6. Save more money
    As always.  I  hope we can save at least 10% of our income this month.
  7. Drink more water
    I have been doing so well with my water intake and I don't want it to end.  I will be keeping this as a goal to keep me motivated.
  8. Don't be such a hoarder
    I need to clean my stuff out of the garage.  My mom will hopefully help me with this just like she did with the papers.
  9. Print and hang maternity pictures
    Since we just received our pictures I can't wait to put them up in our house.  I have a few DIY projects planned for them.  :)
  10. Work on Gallery Wall in living room
    We are making our living room wall a complete gallery wall with all black and white photos and items.  I cannot wait to get this started/finished.  An obvious post will be coming to go along with this one :)
Good luck to you on your goals and have a fabulous July!!!

 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

2 comments:

  1. okay, i have to confess, my favorite thing EVER lately has been doing baby laundry. holy crap it just gets me every time. the socks are so TINY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many things on your list that I need on mine! I live in California too and the heat is unbearable unless you go at 5am to walk and that's way too early! Have a great Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete