Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Being Productive - Baby Edition

So remember last week when I wrote about how my baby had increased my procrastination and I was determined to get things done around my house?  Well believe it or not - IT HAPPENED!  

Saturday my mom ever so graciously came over and helped keep me on track with getting things done.  I was thoroughly exhausted by the end of our productive morning but I definitely feel a lot better about what is done around the house now when it comes to Baby Hughes.

Let's start with seeing how my list came along from last week, shall we?

+ Put away shower gifts - CHECK
+ Wash all baby clothes and bedding - CHECK
+ Finish putting crib together - CHECK

+ Paint changing table
+ Move dresser - WE DECIDED AGAINST THIS, MAINLY BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T FIT WHERE WE PLANNED ON MOVING IT TO...SO TECHNICALLY THIS IS A CHECK ALSO :)
+ Put all baby clothes in dresser or closet - CHECK
+ Put bedding on crib - CHECK, ALTHOUGH THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN UNTIL LAST NIGHT BECAUSE I HAD TO GO BUY A CRIB MATTRESS PROTECTOR

+ Decorate walls in nursery
+ Set up sleeping area next to me for him - CHECK
+ Put diaper bag together
+ Pack for hospital - including my bag, hubs' bag and baby's bag
+ Call insurance to see if breast pump is covered
+ Get breast pump
+ Get mattress protector for crib - CHECK

Okay, so there are still things to do but I still have time.  

I plan on calling the insurance company this week for sure about the breast pump.  I really hope they cover at least some of it.  I don't really want to shell out $300 for a breast pump, but obviously I will if need be.

I need to get the changing table painted as well as the two shelves for his walls.  I love to paint so this is just a matter of getting the paint and not actually doing it.

Decorating his walls will have to wait until my mom or hubs are around because they yell at me when I try to get on the step stool.  We need to get a wall lamp for above his changing table, hang shelves and get vinyl picture for above his crib.

Packing the bags.  I can't wait to do this honestly.  My mom and I did a little of this on Saturday but no where near what I want them to have or look like.  I can't wait to make my lists and share them with all of you.  I'm sure I will overpack - as I always do in life - but you can never be too prepared, especially when it comes to a baby and the fact that I have never done this before right??

Overall, I am proud of myself.  One step closer to having things squared away when the little man decides to join us. :)

Oh and btw!  I only have 8 more days of work!  I'm ecstatic!

 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

1 comment:

  1. You rocked that list friend. It's all coming together :)

    ReplyDelete