Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Weekend Recap...A Day Late But Not A Penny Short

Hello Lovelies!

I really need to get back in action when it comes to this little blogging thing.  I feel so inspired at work and then by the time I have time to write about it, I either:
A) Forget - very possible due to pregnancy brain by the way
B) Want to snuggle on the couch with the hubs and pups instead :)

So  I will start this week a day late, but never a penny short, with our weekend recap.  I am going to try and hold myself accountable to blog at least every day the rest of this week and hopefully plan an hour of so this weekend to busting out some posts for next week.  Wish me luck! :)

Friday!
I guess I should start with the biggest start to our weekend...I chopped my hair off!  Friday I left work early and started my weekend with a fresh new hairdo.  I took 12 inches off and donated 11 inches to Locks of Love.  This wonderful charity takes donated hair and makes hairpieces for disadvantaged children suffering from long term medical hair loss.  It has been something that I love to do for many years.  I believe this is the 4th time that I have donated.  My hair grows really fast so it doesn't bother me at all.  And it is for a good cause.  And I needed a change.  And my husband likes it.  Not the I need to justify a haircut at all, but all of those reasons above are just added bonuses.  :)


Friday evening the hubs and I met up with another couple for a nice dinner.  Ryan and the other hubs are Army pals and we have been trying to meet up with them at least once a month.  It's nice to interact with others who understand why your husband is gone a random amount of days throughout the month and also nice to hang out with married couples instead of our single friends sometimes because we all understand this little huge thing in life called marriage.  Anyways.  Recently our friends moved to another city that is now close to an hour away from us.  We had decided that we would meet mostly in the middle by going to Downtown Sacramento for dinner at least once a month.  I am super excited!  I love going to dine downtown and now we will get to try new restaurants that me and the hubs have never been to.  Exciting!  This month we went to Chicago Fire.  AMAZING!  We love it there.  A little on the pricey side for pizza but so worth it.  We got the Traditional Cheese Pizza with half black olives (for me!) and half mushrooms (for the hubs!)  Because it's Lent we choose not to eat meat on Fridays so cheese pizza was the perfect solution.  It was a lovely evening.  The hubs got tipsy on Happy Hour Beer and we had a fantastic time with good company. :)

Saturday!
Saturday was our relaxing day for the most part.  Not relaxing as in we just stayed home all day though.  It was way too nice outside to do that.  I started our day with a nice puppy snuggle while waiting for the hubs to wake up :)

Once we were all up and dressed we headed to the hospital for some blood work.  Negative part of having a baby...?  They want your dang blood all the time!  I do not like it!

As a treat for being such a good girl during my blood draw the hubs and I got an early lunch. :)  We tried a new place!  Ring the freaking bells, alarms and blow some whistles!  Super exciting!  I am not a food adventurist at all so this is big news people!  We tried Costa Vida.  It was super close to the hospital and this baby loves all things Mexican food right now :)  I'm not complaining.  We went it.  It was like a Subway but Mexican food style!  They had HOMEMADE TORTILLAS!!!  I was in Heaven!  I had a burrito and it was delicious!  The only thing I would change is that their pinto beans had chilies in them and I am not a fan.  But we will definitely go back again.

After lunch we went back home.  We were relaxing on the couch when Ryan found an Open House that he wanted to go look at.  If you don't remember our recent home devastation you can read all about it here.  We have since been on hold for house hunting but decided on Friday that we would start again.  Without even knowing it, we found an amazing house and had to go look.  Although I am not getting my hopes up as much this time I am just excited that we are moving forward.  I can't wait to see what life has in store for us and home buying. :)

We then went to dinner with my mom at Sizzlers.  Who doesn't love a little steak and potato?  We ended our evening out at our favorite local bar and met up with tons of friends - some planned and some a surprise.  It was a fun day.

Sunday!
Sunday was our fun day!  Literally!  Remember that couple from Friday night?  Well we joined them once again for a nice outing on Sunday.  The hubs and I had planned on going to Daffodil Hill this weekend and we invited some friends to go with us.  None of us had ever gone, but it sounded like a magical place.  We hit the road for our 2 hour beautiful drive through our rolling hills and arrived at our destination.  This is a working ranch that during the Spring is open for touring their gorgeous garden beds full of nothing but daffodils :)  While it was gorgeous and fun to be outside, it didn't take us as long as we thought.  We took our time and it probably only took us 20 minutes to get through there.  While we didn't want to waste our drive, we drove back to the town and had a picnic and walked around.  There are tons of antique shops and wine tasting.  It was a fabulous day.

We headed home and spent the rest of the evening relaxing with the pup pup.  Hank was so excited to see us.  He acts like he has been abandoned for days, weeks even, when we come house.  At least it is always nice to know that he loves us so :)

*****************************

Overall it was a wonderful weekend.  I love that Spring has sprung and we get to enjoy time outside.  Plus it is good for me and the baby to be active.  :)

Have a wonderful rest of your Tuesday!


 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

3 comments:

  1. Your hair cut looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your haircut is super cute. Sometimes I really wish I could go short but with curly hair I'm not so sure I could pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had a blast that weekend! I particularly liked your trip on the ranch. It sounds fun, what with all your activities and the beautiful scenery you were able to see. It's definitely a nice place to settle down in. What do you think?

    Darren Lanphere @ Mirr Ranch Group

    ReplyDelete