Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Life in between Miss and Mrs..

The dating years of Ryan and myself were wonderful.  Of course, we had rocks hills to climb over and work our way through, but in the end we did what it took to make it together.  Ryan found work in the construction industry after he returned home and I continued to get my degree and work as a server and bartender.  We bobbed and weaved thru life and made time for each other whenever possible.  Learning how to be together and learn more about each other was the fun and exciting part. 

Ryan, an avid outdoorsman, taught me how to hunt and fish so that it was one more thing that we could enjoy together.  Although it is cold most of the time, considering that duck hunting is best in the wind and rain, I power thru it because I love being able to share in Ryan's passion.  I love being outdoors with him and he always pushes me to new heights places that I never thought in my wildest dreams I would ever go or do.

Ryan has taught me how to be braver and stronger - how to not be afraid of trying new things (especially food...and if any of you know me, you know that me and food have a very strange relationship...more on that later i guess).  I love that with him I can be as goofy, silly, loving, scared or brave as I want to be.  He pushes me to be the very best part of me. 

As our love continued to blossom I graduated from college (in 4 years! major excitement for me and my family!) and got a full-time job the week my internship ended.  I could not be more excited.  I was not going to be one of those graduates that couldn't find work..although not in my field...it is still a job and has benefits and allows us to have the life we live.  Ryan and I decided that it was time to move in together.  Ryan and I got the tiniest little apartment ever on December 8, 2011.  It was our own little home.  It was only 620 square feet and just big enough for the two of us.  It wasn't ideal but it was all ours and it was perfect.  We had our very own little Christmas tree shortly after and it felt just like home.

Winter 2011 came and went and it was getting closer to the summer, which meant closer to Ryan deploying again.  Ryan was still in the Army National Guard and had volunteered to go on another deployment.  Part of me was upset, how could he want to leave me?  How could he not want to stay here where it is safe and comfortable?  But the bigger part of me could not be more proud.  I love a man who is not scared to defend our country so that others may live in freedom.  I love a man who puts everyone else before him.  I love a man who would do anything to provide for me and protect me.  I love a hero.  I knew what I was signing up for when I hit the "Accept friend request" in August 2009. 
This is now who I am, a woman in love with a soldier. 

Ryan and I were living Spring and Summer to the fullest.  We went on trips and spent many weekends outdoors with family and friends.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend those months together before being apart for almost a year.

July 14, 2012.  This is the day my whole life changed again and I didn't even know it yet...stay tuned for that story later....

Now a photo drop of my 3 year journey from Miss to Mrs.





















No comments:

Post a Comment