Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Recap and New Goals

Hello All!
I hope that you had a wonderful weekend!  Ryan and I had a very busy one, but fun.

Our weekend started on Friday night.  We made dinner at home - and by make dinner I mean he had a skillet thing and I made a bowl of chili - and then went to see a movie.  We went to see Lone Survivor and it was amazing.  I didn't know how I would do considering that Ryan just got home from Afghanistan and the thought of him going back is always around, but, surprisingly, I did pretty well.  I did not cry - SHOCKER - but was very moved by it.  It was intense and detailed and I recommend it to anyone.  I am so glad it came out after Ryan was home and that I was able to watch it with my own hero.  He was very quiet and still during the movie and I could tell he was captured by it.  An amazing story of how life can be is over there.  Thank you military! :)

Saturday we woke up were awaken by our lovely baby Hank and started our day.  We planned on looking at some houses and continuing this home hunt.  There was something wrong with each of them and it had me defeated (yes, I know, a little bit dramatic) and determined that we were being too picky or there just isn't a house for us.  After multiple conversations we concluded that we aren't being too picky and that the right one is out there.  Ryan thinks that it will come to be in the next week or so and I am truly hoping that he is correct!  We ended our day with dinner with a friend and hit the hay.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!  We were once again awaken by our darling littlest one and started our day much earlier than we had wanted.  We lounged around most of the morning watching back to back episodes of Property Brothers and Diners, Driver Ins and Dives.  Super exciting huh?  We made our way to lunch, Petco for more dog food (it seems that we are there every week!) and then up the hill to a friend's house for the Super Bowl.  We had a good evening there full of football, cocktails, yummy food, horseshoes, fire pits and good company.  We ended the night slightly after the slaughter game was over and went home to go ni-night.

I have to mention the only commercial from the Super Bowl that I loved and in case you missed it, I included it right here :)

Overall, it was a great weekend and I couldn't have been happier.  Any time I get to spend the days with my love and babies is great.

Now onto the goals.  The hubby and I have a few goals for this month.  First, we are going to eat dinner at home every night except for maybe Saturday.  Now, this does not exclude going to the parentals for a free, home-cooked meal, so if you are reading this Mom, we are available any night! :)  Because of this, look out for some recipes and most-likely failed attempts at me cooking.  Second, I would like us to really watch our spending.  We definitely live a good life and we aren't poor, but inevitably I get upset about money every month.  I want us both to be more budget conscious and do better at this.

Wish us luck!!

I hope you all have a great rest of your Monday and have a splendid week :)

 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had such an awesome weekend. I love that Budweiser ad as well.

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete