Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Today is the day we celebrate the most selfless woman I know.  She is the bravest and strongest lady I know and I am so lucky to call her my mommy.


Growing up we were always close.  I don't know if it was because we looked very much alike, there was definitely no denying that I was her child, or just that I was her little girl, but we have been close always.

Once her and my dad got divorced we got closer.  Of course that happened during my junior high school years so that is always tough, due to attitudes and hormones, but we survived.  We grew closer than ever after my dad passed away and she has always been that person for me.

She did whatever it took to keep our lives together.  She worked 3 jobs for most of my teenage years and she taught me what it means to work hard for what you want.  There were times when we would only see each other in the mornings for breakfast before work and school, but I always knew that she loved me.  How could I ever question that after watching her work her little toosh off for us?

She made sure that I went to college, DEBT FREE!  That woman, I tell you!  Just thinking back on it now I am amazed that she was able to do that.  She made sure that I always had a roof over my head, food on the table and a way to get from here to there to fulfill my dreams.

She never once told me that I couldn't just be a vet who delivered puppies.  She never once told me I couldn't be a professional ballerina.  She never once told me that being a teacher was a horrible idea.  She never once told me I couldn't be a stay at home mommy.  She has never told me I couldn't do anything.  She has always supported me 200% and for that I am forever grateful.

She has taught me what it means to be selfless and unconditionally loving.  She has taught me how to be strong and brave when things get scary.  She has taught me that you can't get what you want in life without working your tail off to get there on your own first.

I remember when I was little I would always tell her, "I'm going to grow up and get married and buy a house and have lots of babies."  She would always tell me, "Why don't you grow up, buy your own house, get married and then have lots of babies?"

She is the reason I am able to go to work each day and not worry about Caleb being safe and taken care of.  She is the reason that even though I am not able to stay home with him, like I have always wished I could, that I feel as though I am never missing a moment due to her pictures and videos I get all day long.

With her help and guidance I am able to be the best mom possible for Caleb.  I know that I will live the rest of my life trying to be the person she is for me for Caleb and any other children we get blessed with.

She gets me.  She knows what I mean before I say it.  She can guess what I am trying to say every time.  She understands me while I am brushing my teeth.  She laughs and pees her pants just like me - or maybe I do it just like her.  Either way, she is it!

She is the woman who I see almost every day of the week, talk to at least 3 times a day over the phone and still miss her like crazy more times than not.  She is my bestie for life!  She is my role model.  She is every one's go-to gal.

She is my mommy!

Happy birthday Secret Squirrel!  Mi Monkey!!!

 photo laahSARASINGNATURE_zps160bd270.png



































No comments:

Post a Comment