Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Dearest Little - Six Month Letter

Two weeks late, but still just as sweet.


My Dearest Little,

How on Earth are you six months old already?  It was just a month ago - or so it seems like - you were still in my belly and about to make your entrance.  It was just a couple weeks ago, or so I feel like, we were spending our days together at home bonding and becoming the bestest of friends.  I can't believe how much has happened in six months.

You are growing up so much and I love watching you develop and learn new things.  You are now eating solids 3 meals a day.  You absolutely love food, no surprise there, and can't get enough of it.  We are "mean" parents and make you eat your veggies first every time and you get pretty upset some days.  Fruit is dessert for you and you get so excited.  The only food item we have found that you don't necessarily care for is Butternut Squash.  Other than that, you have eaten everything we have given you with no problems at all.  Luckily, no allergies of rashes to anything yet and I really hope it stays that way.  You loooooooove carrots and pears probably the most out of everything else, but peas and avocado are close seconds to those.  You get oatmeal in the morning for breakfast and we are about to start trying flavored oatmeal this month.  I love that you are eating solids now because you are so interested in food and love being a "big boy" at the table with us.



You are still the best sleeper ever!  You sleep at least 10 hours a night with no interruption and you even had your first night of 13 hours sleep this past weekend.  I will give the fact that you didn't nap at all during the day though the win for that long period of time.  Speaking of naps, you don't like to do that very much for me.  Mima and Mommy have the hardest times getting you to take "good" naps for us.  You will sleep for hours if we snuggle you, but the second you get put in your bed - AWAKE!  Daddy and Grandma/Pop say that you sleep for 2+ hours at a time for them and take multiple naps during the day.  I will say that you stay awake with me because you miss me so much during the week, why else would you want to torture us both with your unhappy baby self?  :)






You have no teefers yet.  We are still waiting.  I don't mind, but at the same time I want you to be able to learn how to chew things on your own sooner then later.  We have been playing the teething game for almost 3 months now and it is just tricking us.  We keep thinking your little teeth will pop through any day now, and yet, still no teeth.  I know they are in there and I can't wait for you to experience that.

You are developing great and growing so much!  You can now sit up unassisted and are really close to being able to sit yourself up for a lying position.  You still refuse to roll for anyone but Mommy, and even now that is pushing it.  We have no signs of crawling, but you would love to run if you could.  You have decided that you are a side sleeper like your Daddy and it is the cutest thing.  I spy on you from my bed and just watch you sleep in peace, breathing ever so gently on your side having little baby dreams.





Caleb Tyler, you are seriously the best little boy and the greatest gift I have ever received!  I feel so lucky, honored and privileged to call you mine and to know that I get to be your Mommy forever.

**********************
6 Month Stats:
Weight: 18 pounds, 12 ounces
Height: 27 inches
Clothes: 6-9 months
 photo laahSARASINGNATURE_zps160bd270.png




















No comments:

Post a Comment