Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Baby Hughes #2 - 24 Week Bumpdate



  • How far along are you? 24 Weeks.  I can't believe it has been 8 weeks since my last bumpdate!
  • How I'm feeling: I feeling okay.  I love being pregnant, but this second pregnancy is definitely taking a toll on my back and tailbone more so then Caleb's.
  • Total weight gain:  I have gained 6 pounds so far this pregnancy.  Up until 20 weeks I hadn't gained any weight, but obviously baby boy is now wanting to pack on some pounds.  My doctor wants me to keep about a 1 pound per week gain at this point.
  • How big is baby? Baby is size of a cantaloupe today!  
  • Maternity clothes: Oh yes!  And I am ready for the weather to start getting warmer because I have very few items to wear with this big ol' belly during the cold.
  • Sleep:  Sleep is getting more difficult.  Baby E lays super low at night and is not liking me on my tummy anymore.  I am trying to sleep on my side mostly but still find myself being woken up out of no where and I assume it is him telling me to change positions :)
  • Best moment this week: We had an appointment on Tuesday and got to hear his heartbeat again.  He is tumbling up a storm constantly and I love feeling him move around.
  • Movement: This little boy is not a kicker or a jabber at all like his brother.  This little boy is a tumbler!  All he does is somersaults over and over again.  He is starting to become more active during the day, but he does the majority of his commotion at night when I lay down.  He must know it is bedtime and is trying to get all good and snuggled up. :)
  • Food cravings: Soda still, but I am trying to be really good about this.  Fruit, give me all the fruit!
  • Food aversions: I don't really dislike anything more then usual at this point.
  • Belly button in or out:  Still in but getting more shallow by the day.
  • What I am thankful for: I am thankful that this baby is still growing big and strong.  I am thankful for a supportive husband who continues to be my rock through the tough emotional moments.
  • What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to seeing our little guy again tomorrow.  We are going back for another anatomy scan to get some more pictures done and as long as I get to see my little boy moving around, I could care less. :)
  •  photo laahSARASINGNATURE_zps160bd270.png

    1 comment:

    1. I wonder if our due dates are close! I'm 24 weeks too! I agree warmer weather would be nice!

      ReplyDelete