Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Two Week Must Haves


So I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but I have a two week old.

I'm some what sad about this... that's normal, right?

Anyways.  I thought I would share with you the items that we couldn't have lived without these past two weeks.

1. Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper
We currently have Caleb in our room with us.  We did not want to do co-sleeping but wanted him in our room for at least the first few weeks.  We went with this sleeper and couldn't be happier with it.  It has a nice vibration that lets our little feel soothed as well as rocking legs that I can access with my arm from our bed. 

2. Summer Infant Newborn to Toddler Bath Center
This bath tub is seriously the greatest!  We, of course, had no idea what we were doing so this two piece tub was perfect.  It has the infant insert for the kitchen sink, which we used until his umbilical cord came off, and then the bigger tub for when he is bigger.  We now are bathing him in the bigger tub with the infant insert inside of that so that he is sitting in the warm water and doesn't get as upset. It has made bath time much more enjoyable for him!

3. Tommee Tippee Bottles
So we started Caleb on bottles the first night we got home.  I know that everyone has different opinions, but I couldn't risk him not liking bottles because I will be going back to work sooner than later, despite my need to stay home with him desire to not work again.  Anyways!  Back to the bottles.  We love these bottles.  I love that you can switch out the nipples with his age instead of needing to buy all new bottles.  Also, they have a one-way air valve built in that helps ensure baby doesn't swallow air instead of milk.

4. Aden + Anais Muslin Swaddles
We are believers!  Everyone says these are the best and we agree.  They are baby and parental approved in our house.  We are not good at swaddling, and by not good I really mean terrible at it, but we still wrap him up in these the best we can and he stays so snuggly and happy at night.  I love how light they are for our hot California weather, but also warm enough to keep him comfortable at night while we try to transition into Fall.  We have 4 and I keep thinking about when I can go get more because I feel as though we need at least 4 more.  LOL.
5. Boppy Nursing Pillow
I am nursing Caleb all freaking day long about every 3 hours currently and although an 8 pound baby doesn't sound like much, when he is nursing I swear he weighs about 700 pounds in my arms.  This pillow has been my life saver!  I lug this little guy with us from the living room to my room all day long.  We have a cute jungle cover for it and it is very useful even while I'm not nursing.  The hubs has been known to use it while he holds the babes to support his arms because our baby is all dead weight whenever the pillow comes out.

6. Baby Mittens
Oh man!  Caleb was born with some claws on him!!  And did you know that you can't cut their fingernails right away?  You have to just file them for a couple of weeks??  Who knew?!?  ::insert another point in which we should have read more books or taken more classes::  So Baby Mittens are a must in our house!  This little boy must have mittens on while he is sleeping.  His nails grow so fast and I can't keep up with filing them down.  I love how most of the newborn onesies have them built in but his sleepers don't and we use the individual ones then.

There are many more items that we use and love, but these are definitely the top six that we couldn't live without.

What are your go-to items with a newborn?


 photo Sarasignature_zps2ce4d667.png

No comments:

Post a Comment